Thursday, November 6, 2014

Army List Challenge, Help me build an army to paint!

Hey everyone, BeeCee here.

So in case you haven't heard, we are doing a hobby/budget challenge with the blog for the first part of the year. Most of the guys are starting a new army and buying a bunch of new models. Well I want to do things a little bit differently.


As you probably know, because I've said it about 900 times, I have a large collection of Tyranids. I want to paint 1500 points of those Tyranids for the army challenge.
This is where YOU come in! I want you to build my list. So lets get in to the details:


The army will be 1500 points. Assume you can have 1 CAD + 1 formation for list building rules.

The list of models will be listed below. I know that most of the Tyranid heavy hitters may not be in this list, that's because I have already painted them.

I am not looking for the most competitive list, in fact I am looking for something fluffy and fun, so don't worry if it doesn't have enough to deal with three Wave Serpents and two Wraithknights.

Assume that any weapons load out is available but I reserve the right for final veto power on any list. So while you may want to see the rupture cannon Tyrannofex, sorry, it's not going to happen.

Without further delay, here is the model list:

Tyranid Prime
Swarmlord
Tervigon
3 Tyrant Guard
3 Hive Guard
2 Lictors
Venomthrope
Haruspex
Maleceptor
16 Genestealers with a Broodlord
85 Hormagaunts
17 Tyranid Warriors
60 Termagants
50 Gargoyles
12 Raveners
2 Harpies
Tyrannofex
Trygon/Trygon Prime
2 Mawlocs
4 Carnifexes
Toxicrene
 Tyrannoctyes (will preorder them this weekend)

You can post your list either in the comments below or email me at ftgtbeecee [at] gmail.com. I will leave this open for one week and then will decide on a list to paint from those submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment