Friday, March 6, 2015

February Hobby Challenge and Moving Forward

A new month has arrived and so, more check ins for the Challenge. As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I had to shift my painting and hobbying focus to my Tyranids to get everything I needed done for the FTN Seasonal at the end of February. I never got back to my Tau, and despite having a Riptide about 50% painted, have made no progress there.


For now I will have to beg off of the challenge with some substitutes from my Tyranids.
I'm going to not formally count them toward the challenge, but try to do some catch up in March and April.


As I mentioned last month, the Necrons have been calling me and I've picked up a fair number of them in the form of two Tomb Awakened box sets.


I haven't made any final decisions, but I am toying with the idea of switching gears and ending my Hobby Challenge with Necrons instead of the Tau. If I do switch gears, I'll look to paint up some Heavy Destroyers I converted recently along with a handful of Immortals. I might also paint up an Ethereal I have to provide some closure to the Tau and make it a fieldable Allied force with 1HQ, 1-2 Troops, and an Elite.

If I stick with the Tau, I'll wrap up the Riptide, giving me two total, and shift gears into working on the Crisis Suits, finishing converting them and getting them painted up. Either way, I have my work cut out for me.

The Hobby Challenge has a new place for people to share their progress; we have a section on the SpikeyBits Forums! There are only a couple posts on there so far, but definitely check it out and add your own Hobby Progress.

We also have the Facebook Group which has some good updates from people who are making better progress than myself. Check it out to see more progress photos like these:

Rick's Gorkanaut
This gorgeous Knight
And a cool, shiny Malanthrope
Check out the great work being done in the group, and thanks to everyone who is participating. Here's to hoping to pick up the pace and get back into it in March. Looking forward to seeing everyones' progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment